It always seems that I am going through test, after test, with no break in between. The only reason why I keep smiling through it all is because I know that there are way worse problems in this world then a stupid friend. I’m not starving, I have a roof over my head at night, I have a family that is awesome...so what is the big deal? I know that I can’t have it all, and I also know that I do have friends that care about me and will always be there, even if this number seems to be decreasing at a substantial rate. These are the reasons why I keep pressing forward. Test after test, friend after friend. I know that when all seem horribly wrong, it’s not all that bad with God on your side. If anything like this would’ve happened to me a year and a half ago, I would have crumbled, but now I feel like I can go through anything.
I feel like I’m in some parallel universe or something because I have stopped fighting for the little things in life. I’ve learned that friends come and go, but family and God will never leave and never change. Hopefully everything works out, but if it doesn’t I’m going to just have to move on. Life at 20 is so complicated! Just kidding! I know that things are only going to get harder as my walk with God becomes stronger, but I’m up for the challenge! Bring it on planet Earth, bring it on!
This time, 13 things that are funny and/or going good in my life (I figure you, and I, need a pick-me-up after this entry)!
1. The coffee at my work is HORRIBLE, but everyone still continues to drink it because we can’t work in the morning without it.
2. Only 20 months until I fly south.
3. I have grown very fond of Sky Mall, and am ashamed because I can’t shop there, no body shops at Sky Mall! Although I think that I am going to start buying my groceries from Sharper Image.
4. I wear my LIVESTRONG bracelet everyday. I’m kind of upset that I haven’t been able to use it yet. Why are there no blind children when you need them?
5. My dad has becoming more entertaining in the last few weeks. He will text message me at random times, and every time I call him and ask “What’s up?” he always replies with the same four things, “the sky, the moon, the sun, my weight.”
6. We realized something on Saturday night, our youth group causes a lot of mayhem.
7. Dove chocolates make me happy inside. Both the chocolate and the little sayings are amazing.
8. My desk chair at work is so comfortable, and I am beyond tired. These two things combined are making for one interesting morning. I just hope that I don’t fall asleep.
9. I love working for Chevron. My favorite part, the fact that they demand we take breaks every 45 minutes. They even installed a program on our computers that locks it so that we have to take a 5 minute break.
10. For some reason, I am obsessed with office supplies. Alisha and I get so happy when we visit Office Depot. For us, it’s like a candy store.
11. Friday night is going to be AMAZING. I am going to two parties. And I’m going to buy the best gift in the world for Ryan’s house-warming party.
12. Wizard of Oz and drumline movies make me so happy.
13. I love getting surprise visits from friends. Mike and Ben Cooper came to visit me yesterday for no real reason, and we just hung out and watched movies and CSI for five and half hours. It was amazing.